7.26.2010

A Lovely Surprise

Garlic. Flowers.


How is it possible that I've never seen these before? Aside from the fact that I instantly wished they could be my wedding bouquet (they'll be out of season by the end of August), finding these at our farmer's market this weekend was such a lovely surprise.

I have no idea what to do with them. Anyone have any bright ideas? The farmer said she doesn't even bother chopping them, just crumbles them up with her fingers and uses them like fresh garlic. Needless to say, it's on. I'll let you know how it goes.


Until then, these lovelies will be right here on my counter. I wish all flowers smelled this good.

1 comment:

  1. My mom always has them and she puts them in potato salad, slaw, bean salads, anything that won't be cooked basically, since they're so perfect as they are.

    ReplyDelete